pspp-dev

Re: Creating gui dialogs for procedures

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Creating gui dialogs for procedures
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:22:22 -0700

> Creating the menuitem
> =====================
>
> You'll probably need a menuitem from which your new dialog box will be
> invoked.  The menus are defined in src/ui/gui/data-editor.glade which
> is an XML file which must be edited with glade. Glade-3 is required.
> Glade-2 will not work.  Adding/Editing menus with glade should be self
> intuitive, so I'll not attempt to elaborate here.

OK, now I feel like a moron.  I started Glade and opened
data-editor.glade.  I double-clicked on data_editor in the
inspector treeview, which made the data editor dialog appear, and
then I expanded vbox1 and menubar.  At this point I cannot figure
out how to add a menu.  I clicked on the Popup Menu control,
which added a menu at the top level of the Inspector treeview,
not under the menubar, and cutting and pasting doesn't seem to
move it properly.  And even if I got that to work, I can't see
how to create a menu item.

I'm probably missing something obvious.  Any suggestion what that
might be?
--
"While the Melissa license is a bit unclear, Melissa aggressively
 encourages free distribution of its source code."