pspp-dev

Re: Installing libgslcblas

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Installing libgslcblas
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:52:36 -0800

Robert Crown <address@hidden> writes:

>     I use SPSS quite a bit for work, but have switched my home computer over
> to Linux (Ubuntu Feisty Fawn).  I'd love to try pspp.  I'm not sure if I have
> the skills to help develop it, but I'd like to see it, use it, and would at
> least be willing to help test it.

We are always glad to have new users, and to help out with
problems that they experience.

>     My problem is in installing.  I'm no power user yet - but
> "configure" tells me "You must install libgslcblas".  I tried
> looking for it, and ended up installing libgsl0, but it's still
> asking me for libgslcblas.  Help?

It sounds like you installed libgsl0, but not the corresponding
development package.  On Debian and Ubuntu, the development
package is usually given the same name as the library package
plus a -dev suffix, so that the development package for libgsl0
is libgsl0-dev.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org