pspp-dev

Re: osx test

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: osx test
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:21:40 -0400

I got tired of trying to get gdb to work, so I started adding
test code.

On Mac OSX, the terminal version of pspp crashes here, in main.c:

terminal_init (&view_width_p, &view_length_p);

The trouble seems to be here:

void
terminal_init (int **view_width_p, int **view_length_p)
{
  printf ("%x\t%x\n", view_width_p, view_length_p)
  *view_width_p = &view_width;
  *view_length_p = &view_length;
  terminal_check_size ();
}

It shows view_width_p has address 0xfffffff0, and view_length_p
has address 0xffffffec.

I tried fixing this by malloc'ing view_width_p and view_length_p
in main(). Doing so gave the pointers acceptable addresses, but
those addresses seem to be overwritten by the time terminal_init()
is called. The problem is that view_width_p and view_length_p don't
seem to be referenced anywhere in main() between their declarations
and the call to terminal_init(). I'm not sure what's going on.

-Jason