pspp-dev

Re: pspp-0.6.0-pre3 released

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: pspp-0.6.0-pre3 released
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:32:57 -0700

Jason Stover <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:17:23PM +0800, John Darrington wrote:
>> Try the -fno-builtin option in CFLAGS
>
> I did that. No luck, same error.

The -fno-builtin option does not affect functions that begin with
__builtin.  See the GCC manual:

    `-fno-builtin'
    `-fno-builtin-FUNCTION'
         Don't recognize built-in functions that do not begin with
         `__builtin_' as prefix. [...]

The problem is probably that the compiler in use, according to
config.log, is GCC 3.4.x, but only GCC 4.x has __builtin_isnan
and __builtin_isinf (although they are not documented).  However,
gnulib only uses __builtin_isnan on GCC 4 and later, and PSPP
(including gnulib) does not include any reference to
__builtin_isinf at all.

This makes me suspect that the system in question has broken
system header files.  Jason, would you mind grepping through the
system headers in /usr/include (and anywhere else that gets
searched by GCC by default) for references to these
__builtin_is<XXX> functions?
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org