pspp-dev

PSPP 0.6.1 pre-release

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: PSPP 0.6.1 pre-release
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 21:08:29 -0700

I've made a PSPP 0.6.1 pre-release available at:
        ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/pspp-0.6.1-rc1.tar.gz
In the hope that no changes will be necessary before release, it
unpacks itself into a directory named pspp-0.6.1.

This is primarily a bug fix release, drawn from the Git "stable"
branch.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.  If I don't
hear from anyone, I will probably release 0.6.1 in a few days.

Changes from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1:

  * Bug fixes.  At least the following bugs were fixed:

    - Report correct standardized regression coefficients in linear
      regression output (bug #23567).

    - Work around bug in GSL that prevented build with recent GCC
      versions without manually adding -fgnu89-inline to CFLAGS.

    - Make it possible to reopen the output window on Windows (bug
      #24033).

    - Avoid crash with pie charts (bug #24014).

    - Don't append % to count totals (bug #24003).

    - Don't crash on bad input (bug #24031).

    - Don't crash if "end data." is not left aligned (bug #24115).

    - Change default workspace value to 64 MB, to avoid unnecessary
      disk accesses on modern machines.

    - Distribute necessary files to allow users working from the
      distributed tarball to configure with --enable-gui-tools.

    - Remove poor German translations.

  * GSL 1.8 or later is now required.

--
Ben Pfaff