pspp-dev

right way to deal with output in PSPPIRE (Re: News about pspp for window

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: right way to deal with output in PSPPIRE (Re: News about pspp for windows)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:35:53 -0700

"Michel Boaventura" <address@hidden> writes:

> Another issue is that psppire write files in the current directory.
> This isn't good on windows, because usually a program stay on
> c:\program files, witch isn't writable by default. So for windows we
> need to tell psppire to write on a temporary folder.

You know, for output in PSPPIRE, the "correct" thing to do is
probably to not write it anywhere, by default, until the user
saves it explicitly with File|Save (and we'd want to prompt them
if they tried to exit without saving).  That's closer to what
every other GUI program does, and it would be the same behavior
in Unix and Windows.

But writing it to a directory that is actually writable is a good
start.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org