pspp-dev

Re: Re: Writing journal and output file to current directory

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Re: Writing journal and output file to current directory
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 08:53:02 +0100

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:22:47AM -0400, Jason Stover wrote:
    I like the solution of installing in a user's folder.

    I didn't have much of an opinion about this until recently. I've been
    using PSPPIRE in some classroom demontstrations. It's very easy for me
[...]

It took me some time to realise what you realy said. But the reason why this will not work for most of the MsWindows program is because they use the registry. You need administrator rights to write into the registry when you install software.

Cygwin uses the registry so a program using Cygwin can't behave like you wish. :-(
Mingw doens't use the registry so theoreticly it is possible to make it behave like you wish. :-)

Don't shoot me, I didn't invent MSWindows :-)

Have fun