pspp-dev

Re: AW: Questions on PSPP

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: AW: Questions on PSPP
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 15:13:43 -0800

[adding CC back to Mario in case he's interested in the discussion]

> What concerns me about this is that the file 'data1pspp.sav' that the
> user posted is completely broken.  It can't be read by pspp and the
> dissect-sysfile program errors out on it.  I tried to get pspp 0.6.1
> to create a similarly broken file but was unable to do so.  I suspect
> it might be an issue with the mingw32 port.

Gosh, you're right.  I guess I missed the forest for the trees on
this one.

It's a line ends issue.  If, using GNU sed, you delete any
carriage return that is followed by a line feed, like so:
         sed 's/\o015$//' < ../data1pspp.sav > tmp.sav
then the result is just fine.

Somehow we're not setting our output files to binary mode on
Windows.  Don't see how it's going wrong yet, though.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org