pspp-dev

Re: guile again

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: Re: guile again
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:26:33 -0300

I myself work with a lot of SPSS users, and most of them don't even
know what is a extension. They use SPSS due it facility and gui.
Usually, the users who know
about extensions and programing use Stata or R.

So I guess that extend PSPP to support new languages will be great,
but only for the developers.
The users itself don't really care about this issue. Because of it, we
should pick one solution like
guile or any other keeping in mind its benefits for the developers,
not the end users.

This opinion is based on Brazilian users, and I really don't know what
is the profile of all the others
users.