pspp-dev

Re: check out the GUI output

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: check out the GUI output
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:22:10 -0700

> On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 08:14:57PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>      John Darrington <address@hidden> writes:
>
>      > On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:01:28PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>      >
>      >              It's quick and dirty and lacks many important features
> (such as
>      >              scrolling, and not leaking memory)
>      >
>      > Is scrolling not implemented for any fundamental reason, or just
> because you
>      > haven't had the time to do it?
>
>      I assumed that I would get it without having to do anything at
>      all, since GtkLayout "supports scrolling natively" according to
>      the documentation.  Probably I'm missing something simple.
>
> I think you just need to put a GtkViewport between the GtkScrolledWindow
> and the GtkLayout.

The documentation for GtkScrolledWindow says that I shouldn't
have to:

    The scrolled window can work in two ways. Some widgets have
    native scrolling support; these widgets have "slots" for
    GtkAdjustment objects.[5]  Widgets with native scroll support
    include GtkTreeView, GtkTextView, and GtkLayout.

    For widgets that lack native scrolling support, the
    GtkViewport widget acts as an adaptor class, implementing
    scrollability for child widgets that lack their own scrolling
    capabilities.  Use GtkViewport to scroll child widgets such
    as GtkTable, GtkBox, and so on.

--
"Unix... is not so much a product
 as it is a painstakingly compiled oral history