pspp-dev

Re: PSPP on translationproject

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: PSPP on translationproject
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 10:28:24 -0700

Erwin Poeze <address@hidden> writes:

> Op maandag 29-06-2009 om 13:17 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Ben Pfaff:
> PSPP and its translators are welcome to the TP. One thing of importance
> is that *all* translations are handled through the TP teams. That means
> that translators of current languages will have to join the TP to
> proceed translating PSPP. Joining a TP language team is no big hurdle
> and if one or two translators really don't want to join a TP language
> team, we will mark that language 'external' and you have to handle it
> yourself.

OK, I have talked to our one existing translator (CC'd), and he
is currently in the process of joining the Dutch translation
team.

>> How can PSPP get started with translationproject?
>
> If you specify a contact email address, the website
> (http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/pspp.html I suppose) and the link to
> the relevant tarball, then we will do the rest. If you  release a new
> version, just drop us a mail including the link to the new tarball and
> we will update it all.

I don't know whether the contact email should be a mailing list
or a person.  If a mailing list, then address@hidden; otherwise
me, address@hidden

Website: http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/

I just put out a pre-release tarball for PSPP 0.6.2, at:
        http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/pspp/pspp-0.6.1-20090702.tar.gz

>> PSPP does require disclaimers from its translators.
>>
> That is up to you. You do not need to require a translation disclaimer.

At the moment, we do require a disclaimer from translators.  I
don't plan to change that, unless the hurdle proves in practice
to be too high for translators.

Thank you!  Please let me know if I can provide any more
information.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org