Re: ruby extension

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: ruby extension
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 09:04:16 +0000

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 09:13:43PM -0300, Michel Boaventura wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm playing with ruby and pspp, to make a ruby gem that can read .sav
> files (at least).
> I can use the to link against my code, but there is no
> header files with
> data and function definitions when I install PSPP (something like pspp.h).
> The only way to get this files is throw pspp's source?

Currently, yes.   It would theoretically be possible to release the libpspp-core
as a seperate library.  However the extra administration it would involve
means that nobody has yet thought it a worthwhile thing to do.

I suggest you look at how the perl module works, since it sounds like you
are doing something very similar.

PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See or any PGP keyserver for public key.