"WARNING: Setting ABSTRACT via file 'lib/' failed"

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: "WARNING: Setting ABSTRACT via file 'lib/' failed"
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 22:29:14 -0700

One of the problems that I have with the perl module build is
that I always get the following messages when the Perl makefile
has to be rebuilt:

    WARNING: Setting ABSTRACT via file 'lib/' failed
     at /usr/share/perl/5.10/ExtUtils/ line 583
    Writing Makefile for PSPP
I assumed, until now, that this was some kind of serious error.
But it seems that, in fact, Perl is just saying that it can't
find the one-line description of the Perl module inside
lib/  When I change the ABSTRACT_FROM line in Makefile.PL
to give the abstract itself, e.g.:

      (ABSTRACT       => 'Perl extension to PSPP',

then that fixes that problem.

I assume that changing lib/ is a better solution, but I
tried one or two possibilities and couldn't make that work.

May I push the change from ABSTRACT_FROM to ABSTRACT (or will you
fix this the right way)?

Ben Pfaff