pspp-dev

Re: Import excel file

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Import excel file
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:19:14 +0000

I can't see anything obvious which should cause it to crash.

Have you managed to get a stack trace? What  does gdb tell you?

J'

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 03:24:27AM -0300, Michel Boaventura wrote:
     Hello,

     I've already made the changes to get-data.c and it works nicely. To start
     more slowly, I create the xls_open_reader which opens the xls and look only
     at
     the numbers of rows and columns and creates a variable to each column with
     the names var001,var002 and a width of 255, etc.

     On xls_file_casereader_read I only return cases with '1' on each variable,
     until my rows are end.

     This is far beyond to usable, but its just for me to better understand it.

     So, I can open the file on pspp and if I run "display dictionary." I get
all
     the right answers \o/
     But If I run anything which actually read a case, I got a segfault. GDB
     doesn't help me, since my glib wasn't compiled with -g, so I'm recompiling
     it right now.

     Could you please look at my code and tell me what I'm doing wrong? When the
     code runs as simples as this, I can then move on to make it more usable.

     Regards,

     Michel

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3