pspp-dev

Re: PSPP Errors on Vista

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: PSPP Errors on Vista
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:28:10 +0100

>I hope this is the right place to report this - I was not able to connect to
>http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/pspp for some reason.

pspp-users is a better place. I guess there are more MSWindows users
and most likely also Vista users who can tell their experience.

>Basically, I have trouble using PSPP on Windows Vista - version v0.7.2 seems
>to be fine. But v0.7.8 and v0.7.9 seems to have problem on the GUI part.
>I described the details at:
>http://ittidbit.blogspot.com/2012/02/problem-pspp-on-windows-vista.html

Describing it here would make things much easier.

Anyway, did you take care that the old PSPP version are completely
removed before installing the 0.7.9 version? Not only uninstalling,
but check if the directories are removed, if not remove them before
installing.

Can you run you .sps file with PSPP.exe version 0.7.9 and report your
findings? 0.7.2 and 0.7.8 are outdated there won't be any update on
it.

If you use PSPPIRE, start it from a console with ' "c:\program
files\pspp\bin\psppire.exe" > pspplog.txt ' After it is crashed look
in pspplog.txt if there is a message what the problem is.

Have fun