pspp-dev

Re: PSPPire UI mockup

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: PSPPire UI mockup
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:05:48 -0800 (PST)

A summary of the proposal:
when activated "value labels" custom values ​​column alignment are ignored
The alignment columns are transformed into the following:
    * String: Left-aligned (blue color as Stata)
    * Label: Left-aligned (red color  as Stata)
Facilitates the reading of big words if you read the beginning of the sentence, as opposed to reading the middle or end
    *
Number right-aligned (automatic color as Stata) →
Facilitates the reading of numerical quantities

About the colors, I do not know if it can be used in psppire. In practice facilitates differentiate string values ​​(attribute variable-not useful for numerical analysis) and labeled values ​​(attribute that represents a numeric value that can be analyzed). Moreover, the string and labels values should be added a column width default minimum (suggested), for readability.

--
Bastián Díaz