pspp-dev

Re: Running tests under wine.

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Running tests under wine.
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 06:56:17 +0100

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:55:19PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:
     > Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 21:59:02 +0100
     > From: John Darrington <address@hidden>
     > To: address@hidden
     > Subject: Running tests under wine.
     >
     > I pushed a change which allows many of the tests to run under wine.
     >
     > make RUNNER=wine check
     >
     > --

     I tried it  and see the results below. Due to a patch of mine, there should
     1 tests and 1 failure added to the counts.
     Would the same trick work for some of the other executables used in the
     tests?

Unfortunatey I don't think so.  For two reasons:

1.  We cannot "shadow" the pspp-convert command using a bash function, because
    bash functions cannot contain hyphens.

2.  As discussed earlier, many of the other commands need to be compiled for the
    build machine rather than the host machine.  This will require significant
    rearrangement of the automake files.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encryted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3