pspp-dev

Re: spread-sheet-widget is in debian unstable

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: spread-sheet-widget is in debian unstable
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 11:08:10 +0100

A dependency on python (of any version) is something completely new to
me.   Why are we dependent on that?  When did it happen?

J'

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 01:11:15PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 01:53:08PM +0100, Friedrich Beckmann wrote:
     > Hi Ben,
     >
     > the spread-sheet-widget is in debian unstable!
     >
     > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/spread-sheet-widget

     I did a build with pbuilder, with the intention of uploading.  The build
     fails because python is not available.  It looks like python3 is getting
     installed but not python2, and that only python2 is available by the
     name "python".  I guess that PSPP should learn to work with python3, but
     for now it's probably easiest to add a build dependency on python2.

     Thanks,

     Ben.