pspp-users

Re: PSPP -- Scandinavian characters?

From: Paul and/or Minna Brown
Subject: Re: PSPP -- Scandinavian characters?
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 01:46:52 -0700 (PDT)

--- John Darrington <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can it load the system file at

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugsdownload.php?file_id=1906

Hmmm -- nope.

error: corrupt system file: databas.sav: position 1:
Variable name begins with invalid character.

> If not, then perhaps this fix didn't make it into
> the CVS snapshot.

That would seem odd, as I understood the fix was done
way back in March, and the snapshot I think I'm using
is from August.

But is it possible to check that the PSPP version I'm
invoking is actually from that snapshot?  pspp
--version just gave me 0.4.0.1, and no info that I
could see which would tell anything more specific.

I have a feeling that I've missed a step or something
in doing my compiling (though on the other hand I
*did* manage to fix that other error with the patch,
so that would indicate I'm doing things right...).

Hmm - but maybe this sheds some more light -- I still
seem NOT to have a psppire binary.

Thanks,

-paul