pspp-users

Re: Error Message PSPP

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Error Message PSPP
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:54:52 +0800

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 01:55:48PM -0700, Sam Albers wrote:
     Hello,

     I am attempting to install PSPP on Ubuntu 8.04. The program wasn't
available
     through the Package Manager route so I downloaded a file from the PSPP site
     specific to Ubuntu.

There are no such files on the PSPP site, although it does link to
some third party resources.  Like the site says, the pspp maintainers
can't make any assurances about the state of these.

      After opening said file into package installer I
     received an error message saying "dependency is not satisfiable: libgsl0".
     Can anyone help me with this? All the packages listed on the PSPP website
     (Perl,GCC, GSL, iconv, etc.) are installed on my computer so at this point
     am a little lost. Can anyone help out with this? Thanks!

My guess is that since that package was built, the name of the gsl
library has changed.  You could try making a symbolic link from
/usr/lib/libgsl0.so to /usr/liblibgsl.so and hope for the best.
But this is really a Ubuntu specific question so you might be better
off asking on one of the Ubuntu lists.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3