pspp-users

problems compiling pspp in cygwin

From: unknown-1
Subject: problems compiling pspp in cygwin
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:43:52 +0200

>I tried to follow a howto from "unknown-1", who recently made a cygwin
>windows port of pspp available

Nice so somebody is reading it. :-)

But as Jason already mentioned, it is only necessary if you want to studie how I did it. If that is not your goal, download the latest version, unzip and start the setup.exe.

However if you are studying the howto:
The xdamage is a part of "xorg-x11-bin-dlls". But I had initially a problem with it too. Don't remember what it was, but after installing it explicite this problem was solved.

Be carefull when you install it from cygwin. Download it to a local directory and after that install it from that local directory. If you don't follow this, the cygwin-port packages are "updated" to the cygwin version and you can start your work again.

If it is your intention to maintain a windows port of PSPP, at the moment I think Mingw would be a better choice. However I did'nt succeed yet in getting PSPP compiled on Mingw. I am still studying this when time permits.

Have fun