pspp-users

Re: Graphing in PSPP

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: Graphing in PSPP
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:52:12 -0400

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 07:39:06PM -0400, Faramir.cl wrote:
> By the way, I am not clear about how to make graphics with pspp.... I was
> expecting to find a submenu under Analyze - Explore.... but there is nothing
> graphic related there...

Currently there is no way to ask for graphs through the GUI's dialog
boxes.  You can make graphs with FREQUENCIES and EXAMINE, which you
can find in the 'Analyze' dropdown menu in the GUI. But to make these
procedures produce graphs, you must type keywords to the syntax
generated by the dialog box. You can do this by using the dialog box
to select whatever summaries you want, then pressing the 'Paste'
button in the dialog box, then adding whatever graphing subcommand you
need (e.g. /HISTOGRAM or /PLOT).

-Jason