pspp-users

Re: Hardcoded sysconfigdir paths

From: Ivy Foster
Subject: Re: Hardcoded sysconfigdir paths
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:42:59 -0500

Ben Pfaff <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ivy Foster <address@hidden> writes:
> > I've tried passing ./configure the --sysconfdir=/etc option, which
> > went fine--everything built and installed with no problems.
> >
> > Unfortunately, on startup the command-line pspp (as opposed to
> > psppire) informs me that it can't find the files that normally go in
> > the usr/etc dir...it seems the paths are hardcoded.

> What files is it having trouble finding? sysconfdir isn't
> hard-coded, and "configure --sysconfdir=/etc" should do what you
> want.

Devices in particular. Here's an almost-backtrace.

,-----------|
| $ pspp -vv
| pspp: searching for "rc" in path "/home/me/.pspp:/usr/etc/pspp"
| pspp: ...not found
| pspp: searching for "devices" in path "/home/me/.pspp:/usr/etc/pspp"
| pspp: ...not found
| pspp: cannot find output initialization file (use `-vv' to view search
| path)
| pspp: error reading device definition file
| pspp: using default output driver configuration

The devices missing bit is interesting, because it's in /etc/pspp as
it should be, but the program's still searching /usr/etc/pspp.
*shrug*. If I run pspp --config-dir /etc/pspp, everything's fine.

Thoughts?

--
                   Tips for the Innocent Bystander
16. If you notice that your fellow reporter can type 1,024 words per