pspp-users

Re: AW: Questions on PSPP

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: AW: Questions on PSPP
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 20:55:44 -0800

Mario Giesel <address@hidden> writes:

> I attach 2 files:
> - data1.sav (= original SPSS-File, readable by SPSS 15)
> - data1pspp.sav (= saved PSPP-File, not readable by SPSS 15)
> So if I open data1.sav and save it without changes within PSPP the file is no
> longer readable from within SPSS.

I'm sorry to hear that this doesn't work.

I am attaching a zip file that contains 4 different system files,
each of is produced by PSPP after I changed it in a few ways to
make its output a little more like the data1.sav that you
provided.  Please try to open each one of these files in your
copy of SPSS, and then report which of them (if any) SPSS reads
without error.  Also, if SPSS provides any kind of specific error
message for any of them, please pass it along.

"MONO - Monochrome Emulation
 This field is used to store your favorite bit."
--FreeVGA Attribute Controller Reference