pspp-users

Re: Trying to get PSPP used in my wife's stats class, need help

From: Faramir
Subject: Re: Trying to get PSPP used in my wife's stats class, need help
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:18:55 -0300

James Turner escribió:
> My wife uses a Linux desktop, and is taking a stats class as part of her
> graduate program.  Since SPSS doesn't run on Linux, I suggest she see if
> she can use PSPP instead.  Things looked good, until her professor came
> back and said that he couldn't find chi-squared or ANCOVA in PSPP.  Can
> anyone help out here?

  Well, if you desperately need to run SPSS, maybe you can install
VMWare for linux on your wife's desktop, and install windows in that
virtual machine, and use it to run SPSS... Of course it would be great
to be able to use PSPP and forget about SPSS, but don't forget SPSS has
been out there for a lot of years, so it will take some more time until
PSPP can do each and every thing SPSS can do...

  Best Regards