pspp-users

Re: Possible to adjust output formatting for stat procedures?

From: ErikF
Subject: Re: Possible to adjust output formatting for stat procedures?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:03:07 -0700 (PDT)

ErikF wrote:

> When I perform a procedure in pspp the data come to the output window in
> F8.2 format. Is there a way to get greater precision? (Tried "FORMATS"
> command, but this only seems to affect how variables are displayed). Is
> this unchangeable, or may I apply something like the FORMATS command to
> results as well as variables?

I'm going to answer my own question with an assumption to close the issue,
just in case anyone else was wondering. While you CAN use FORMATS to
increase the number of decimals with which variables are displayed in
output, it does not appear possible at this time to increase the precision
of calculated results (like Pearson CORR or NPAR probability) displayed in
the output window over what the given procedure uses (typically 2 points
after the decimal/F8.2 standard) without tinkering with the sourcecode
itself.