pspp-users

SPSS Viewer Output File Formats

From: James BRANFORD
Subject: SPSS Viewer Output File Formats
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 15:00:43 +1000

Hi All

I have been using PSPP as a replacement for SPSS in an intoductory university statistics course, so far encountering no major difficulties.

However, for no particular reason, my lecturer is insistant that an assessment item be submitted in SPSS specific .spo or .spv viewer formats.

I have read that the .spv file format, used by SPSS 16+, is based on the .xml file format (which I think was developed to make files portable between the Microsoft Office suite of applications).

Would a file saved as .xml, with the extension changed to .spv, open and display in SPSS Viewer?

Would someone running SPSS 16+ please do me a huge favour and try to open the attached file, and report back with the results.

Thank you in anticipation.

James Branford
Student
Swinburne University of Technology