pspp-users

Re: Manage data

From: Rodrigo Isaac
Subject: Re: Manage data
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:09:45 -0600

Thanks for the help.

I forgot to tell: I'm using PSPPIRE (the GUI of PSPP), on the version "0.6.0"

2009/5/15 John Darrington <address@hidden>
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 04:37:42PM -0600, Rodrigo Isaac wrote:

    I'm working with a little database (70 cases and 24 variables) and I want to
    know if I can export my database to OpenCalc, just like SPSS exports to
    Excel.

I'm not familiar with OpenCalc, but most spreadsheet applications can
read comma separated values.  So one way you could do this is to write
your datafile using the WRITE command. Then import the result.

Where's that command in the GUI? Or I can do it only by tet-mode?

    The other issue is How can I make a graphic (bar, lineal o pie)?

Pie charts, and histograms can be generated with the FREQUENCIES
command.  Other types of graph are not yet supported.

Well, on the GUI I do not find any option to create graphics...

Here's a screenshot from the option Frequencies and all it's options: http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pspp.png

    And last but not least, how can I save an output of the PSPP. I can notice
    that the format wich it's build it is like a text editor, but there is no
    option to save the document...

PSPP, by default puts it's output in a file called "pspp.list", or if
you're running the gui, in "psppire.txt".  You can save these files to
wherever you please. On GNU/Linux, you'll find the file in the current directory.

OK. Thanks for this...

Thanks for all...

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
fingerprint = 8797 A26D 0854 2EAB 0285  A290 8A67 719C 2DE8 27B3

--
"Prohibido prohibir. La libertad comienza por una prohibición."
Linux user # 471524 / Ubuntu user # 23047

Rodrigo Isaac Rodríguez Borge
Nómada: el artista de la multitud
http://roirobo.wordpress.com

Managua, Nicaragua