pspp-users

Variables with multiple answers - How do I code them?

From: jlablackbird
Subject: Variables with multiple answers - How do I code them?
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:09:17 -0700 (PDT)

I am new to pspp and have an elementary understanding of spss.  I have set up
my data from a survey but am stuck on an issue I never dealt with before.
How do you code:

What are your three top jobs:

and there is a multiple list of possible responses?

I have read that I should create a separate variable for each possible
choice.  Then what do I put under
TOPJOB?

How do the answers get tied to the initial question.  I have had a hard time
finding information about this.  The help screens don't seem to hold any
answers.  Other forums address it on spss and I'm not sure if pspp can do it
the same.

Please help.  I'm trying to do this survey for work and I want to get it
done.%-|

Julia