pspp-users

PSPP and POstgreSQL

From: john shipley
Subject: PSPP and POstgreSQL
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:52:45 +0000

I am trying to get PSPP to take data from PostgreSQL and I have set up a file with a list of instructions on the basis of the top few lines in page 62 of the PSPP Users Guide Release 0.6.0.  When I run the file (with the -i option), I get the following error message:

error: Support for reading postgres databases was not compiled into this installation of PSPP.

According to some installation instructions for PSPP, which I read on the internet, an optional package called libpq, from PostgreSQL, is required to enable PSPP to read PostgreSQL databases.  I am using Ubuntu Linux 9.04 and, if I refer to Synaptic, I have packages called libpq5 and libpq-dev, versions 8.3.7-1, already installed.  Are these the ones needed and, if so, how do I get these to work in conjunction with PSPP, please?

Regards

John Shipley

Hull, England

Windows Live Messenger: Thanks for 10 great years-enjoy free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now