pspp-users

Re: Exporting to ascii

From: Karel Novotny
Subject: Re: Exporting to ascii
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 14:42:32 +0100

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 17:54 +0000, John Darrington wrote:
> You could use the LIST, WRITE or PRINT commands to do this.  See the relevant
> sections of the manual.
>
> Alternatively, you might find it easier to use Ben Pfaff's  File Conversion
> Service
> at http://pspp.benpfaff.org

Thanks for this but my command line pspp skills are not good enough for
this (basic frequencies with an output maintaining non-ascii
characters).

I know that it is extremely hard to find time for developing new
features, the core devel. team is small and wish list long. But would it
take a lot of effort to change pspp in a way that all output would be
UTF-8?

I imagine that pspp users who manipulate non-ascii-only data are many.

Thanks

karel