pspp-users

Re: My two cents

From: Matej Kovacic
Subject: Re: My two cents
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:33:34 +0100

Hi,

> That's the beauty of open source. You have the code in front of you.
> Feel free to modify to suit your own needs. And if you're feeling
> generous, give away what you've done.

I was asking for Ubuntu packages, and got an answer, I can do that by
myself.

Unfortunately, I am not a programmer, so I do not know how to make deb
packages.

But I know some people... and now I am forming a small group of people,
who will take care for Ubuntu 32- and 64-bit packages.

I friend of mine tried to create deb package for 0.7.2, and it seems it
is working, however there are small problems with the packaging (no
help, etc.).

We are planning to create PPA repository and a wiki. I will pass the
information about it, when the things are ready and online.

Meanwhile - this is just a small test:
http://www.kiberpipa.org/~gandalf/ubuntu/karmic/

Please note, that this is only for test purposes (do not use this
package in production environment). Also, please do not send this link
around, because this is just our first test package.

bye, Matej