pspp-users

copy and paste?

From: Andrew Malof
Subject: copy and paste?
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:01:20 -0500

Hello

I just installed PSPP 0.7.5-g70514b on Windows 7.  I want to revisit a thesis project plus use it for various research topics as they come up.

My immediate issue is with combining variables across columns.  IE, I have one class of data with 50 values and another class with 45 values and I want to combine them into a new class with 95 values by creating the new variable then pasting values from the two old variables into it.   I cannot select values in a column past the window view (what I can see – the select cursor will not scroll the window).  What I can select claims to copy, but won’t paste.  I’ve also tried a brand new test project with two columns and five values.  I can’t move values between these variables either.  Also, things just seemed generally buggy with mouse movements.

I downloaded SPSS trial and it worked seamlessly and did what I needed it to do.

So, am I missing something?  I’ve tried two installs from two different sources, made sure to reboot, and checked the web and archives from this list.

I am a blissfully ignorant end user.  I just want things to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Andrew