pspp-users

Re: Problem in MSWindows 0.7.6-g983f4e-blp-build20101030

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Problem in MSWindows 0.7.6-g983f4e-blp-build20101030
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:03:36 +0000

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 04:13:05PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:

     The PC on which I build the MSWindows installation died. So I have a
     new environment in which 0.7.6-g983f4e-blp-build20101030 is build. I
     tested this on 4 different computers with Windows XP and Windows 7.
     Fresh installs an upgrades. Non-crashes.

     So I need more info about this issue.

     Can people provide reports this build runs on their computer or
     crashes and if possible provide information about the crash? Probably
     more info is visible if psppire.exe is started from a dosbox.  At this
     moment I have no idea what can be the problem.

I managed to get hold of a Windows 7 machine to try some things.

When I start psppire from a dosbox OR from the icon I see the exact same problem
that others have reported.  However, when I start it from a msys shell it runs
without error.

Could it be relying on some aspect of msys?

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3