pspp-users

Re: PSPP Command line works different to the GUI

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP Command line works different to the GUI
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:36:22 +0000

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 06:43:17PM +0100, Patrik Zwahlen wrote:
     Hello
     I am using the command line to import a cvs file, label it and save it as
     sav again. If I do it manually with the GUI, all the German special
     characters like ??? are being handeld perfectly. Not, if I use the command
     line, calling the syntax file.
     Does anybody know a trick to work with the command line the same as with
the
     GUI?

Try the attached file.  For me it works fine, both with the command line and
the GUI (using 0.7.6-g38bale).

Note that this file is UTF-8 encoded.  Perhaps you are using a different
encoding?  I believe that Ben is working on changes which will allow syntax
to use arbitrary character encodings, but for now it seems as if UTF8 is
necessary.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3