pspp-users

opening datafiles directly with psppire

From: Dana Williams
Subject: opening datafiles directly with psppire
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 00:03:44 +0000

I've been reading the users and developers listserves for years, watching PSPP
get more filled-out. Congrats on all the progress!

I have a question about running psppire on Ubuntu... I've associated all my
.sav files with psppire, so I can open PSPP by clicking a datafile listed on a
disk (thru the usual GUI). The problem is that it does not open the actual
file, just the program (so I then have to open my datafile from the PSPP menu).
Am I wrong or is there not the built-in ability to pass any parameters to
psppire for opening a datafile? It's only one additional step, but I was just
wondering if there's a way to automatically do this?

Thanks,
Dana

Dana Williams, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Sociology, Anthropology, & Criminal Justice
1500 North Patterson Street
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, GA 31698-0060
address@hidden