pspp-users

I am complete new to PSPP and have some questions

From: Stefan Layer
Subject: I am complete new to PSPP and have some questions
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:09:05 +0200

...finanlly have found this mailing-list.
Is there anybody to tell me more about PSPP.

I have already installed and also used it.
I think sucessfully.
Nevertheless there are often Questions left.
Is there only this "mailing list archive" or is there also something like a "forum".
then it would be easier to look for "older already solved questions".

Questions:
1. I need help in interpreting the statistical result number.
This is most due to a basic lack in memory to my statistical classes more than 25 years ago.
But also - ich couldnt find an explanation.

For example the results of a simple survey about the ability of twinkling...
(isnt that sweet...)
a) For "my eyes" there is the strange result, that people form Northamerica
are more likely to be able to twinkle only on the right side,
versus people from europe more on the left.
I understand the first 3 lines of percentages - but not the last line - the fourth one.
b) Can anybody give me an mathematical explaniation

c) I also do not know how to interpretate correctly the last information package
about "Statistics". Is there an anybody to tell me more about that?

!

2. If I will get more additional answers of this survey, how can I add the new cases easily
and automaticly from an Excel-file or an csv-file...?

3. I dont know, how to put the Syntax-Infos (with SPSS syntax) into PSPP...

Thanks a lot for an answer

Stefan

Stefan