pspp-users

Mac OS X binary

From: David Sean
Subject: Mac OS X binary
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 18:09:08 -0400

When is the release of Mac OS X binary planned?

First, I would like to say that I have successfully (and easily) obtained a working PSPP binary using Fink (or was is a local build?... I cannot remember). Alas, the package is missing the GUI (PSPPIRE).

The "easy-way" ( described here http://pspp.kiberpipa.org/wiki/doku.php?id=mac) did not work for me (perhaps I was not able to hide fink well enough?). I had a few problems on mismatching architectures.

The "hard way" blocks at the GTK-OSX build, I'm not sure what's going on.

I currently do not have MacPorts installed. Before I install it, can someone tell me if the PSPP package in MacPorts includes the GUI (or is it the same as when using Fink)?

-David

The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet. - William Gibson