pspp-users

Re: New Debian packaging effort

From: bojo42
Subject: Re: New Debian packaging effort
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 18:19:29 +0100

Regarding compiling on Debian Sid i had and still have some problems:

- Already fixed in git since a few hours are the needed patches
regarding "$(GSL_LIBS)". Great :)

- What still prevents compilation are some testsuite strikes:

 20: numeric format output    FAILED (data-out.at:47)
 97: too many value labels    skipped (sys-file-reader.at:2766)
 183: GET DATA /TYPE=PSQL    skipped (get-data-psql.at:124)
 914: Perl Pspp.t    skipped (perl-module.at:706)

Could really use some help for the FAILED one. Do you really need the
"testsuite.log" as it's quite tricky to get it out of my pbuilder setup.

Am Dienstag, den 10.01.2012, 10:21 -0800 schrieb Ben Pfaff:
> bojo42 <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Now a new Ubuntu LTS is coming and i would love to see a new PSPP
> > version in it. Therefore i'm willing to update the Debian package and
> > submit it for sponsoring, as i'm no Debian Developer. Later i would
> > request a sync for Ubuntu.
>
> Great!
>
> If you have trouble finding a sponsor, let me know.  I am a
> Debian developer.  I just don't have enough time to maintain an
> additional package.

This sounds quite promising, i may come back on this ;)

> > For all this i like to ask you "upstream guys" which source "release" or
> > git snapshot you can recommend me for using in this packaging effort.
>
> I would suggest using the current tip of master.  I don't know of
> any serious regressions versus 0.6.2.

Alright i took git from the 7th of January, but switching now to todays
master because of the gsl_libs patches.