pspp-users

Re: New Debian packaging effort

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: New Debian packaging effort
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 20:21:11 +0000

I had a shot at reimplementing it.  It works a little better I think.
But at the end of the day, you can't just scale an svg and expect it
to give a pleasing result at all resolutions.

Logos have to be written for the particular resolution at which they will
be displayed.

I've been trying to find a volunteer to look after the artwork for pspp
for many year, but nobody seems to be willing to do the job.

J'

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 09:26:29PM -0800, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     bojo42 <address@hidden> writes:

     > What i just thought about after uploading is that i would be nice if you
     > could include 48x48 logo, cause that's where the imagemagick build
     > dependency comes from. And doing scale down with SVG looks probably
     > sharper and better then converting PNGs.

     John, do you know how the 64x64 logo was generated?  When I use
     GIMP to convert http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/pspplogo.svg to
     a 48x48 PNG, it looks worse that the 64x64 logo included in
     src/ui/gui.  For example, the gray box is fuzzy.

     Thanks,

     Ben.
     --
     Ben Pfaff