pspp-users

RE: Old mainframe save file

From: Chris Muller
Subject: RE: Old mainframe save file
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:10:31 -0500

Hi Ben,

I'd be happy to send you the file. Will do so off-list. (Not familiar with
pspp-dump-sav.)

p.s. the EBCDIC is a Swedish version, so standard American EBC/ASC tables can
give illegal variable names, etc. Maybe that's the problem?

That was the case with some even older files that started with $FIL rather than
$FL2. (That seemed to be the standard format prior to 1984 or so.) I took the
easy way out and just mapped certain text codes to harmless values. The client
was OK with that.

Best Regards,

Chris Muller