pspp-users

List serv clarification for new user

From: Jill Covert
Subject: List serv clarification for new user
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 10:14:29 -0800

Hi,

I've posted a couple of times to the list serv (and always gotten prompt and helpful replies--thank you!), but I'm a newbie and don't completely understand the process--please forgive my ignorance. I have a few questions:

1) I've subscribed to both pspp-users and Old Nabble, but I'm not clear if there is a difference between the two. What is the difference between sending a question via email to pspp-users vs. posting directly to Old Nabble?

2) I responded to the response I got to my March 2 post re: can't declare missing values--but didn't see my follow up posted--just want to make sure it was received and that you know I read your response.

3) I don't want my entire email (with signature) posted on Old Nabble--is it there b/c I sent my question via email to the pspp-users email address? If I don't want that to happen, do I post directly to Old Nabble?

Generally I just don't understand the list serv process--does the post get vetted first or get posted right away? Thank you for your clarification--I really appreciate having pspp available to me and know I will have questions as I continue to navigate it and thus want to be able to use the user group most efficiently (for all of us :)

Thank you so much,
Jill