pspp-users

CANCEL: Re: Crash with DO IF command on Windows Vista, pspp version: 0.7

From: Jill Covert
Subject: CANCEL: Re: Crash with DO IF command on Windows Vista, pspp version: 0.7.9-g656fc4
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:59:53 -0700

I used the SELECT IF command instead and that worked. Shouldn't I get an error message though when I used DO IF instead of the program crashing?

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Jill Covert <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi again,

PSPP crashes when I try to run this particular DO IF command:

DO IF RSbeh=1 or ERbeh=1.
LIST RespID RSbeh MeanRS ERbeh MeanER.
END IF.
I am able to do other different DO IF commands without the program crashing. I realize this may not be the correct syntax--I've tried reading through the manual for help on that and have tried variations of the syntax, but all result in a crash. Even if my syntax is incorrect, my guess is that it shouldn't crash? I've also searched the bugs and archives, tried it with another datafile with the same variables and have uploaded Henry's latest Windows build (4-11-12) with no success.

Attached is the .sav file.

Thank you for any suggestions,
Jill

We know how to organize warfare, but do we know how to act when confronted with peace?

    -- Jacques-Yves Cousteau (1910-1997)

--

Jill Covert, MA
Peace & Justice Studies