pspp-users

Length of wait for frequency calculation

From: Jennifer Line
Subject: Length of wait for frequency calculation
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:34:00 +0000

Hi,

I am new to PSPP and have found the wait is fairly long for the descriptive statistics > frequencies function, as well as for saving files.

Can you give me an idea of how long the process should be taking (my file was approximately 25MB, 27,500 cases, 1,174 variables, and took approx. 15 mins plus to perform a frequency calc/save)? Is this a bug or a typical timeframe?

Many thanks

Jenny Line

Senior Researcher

Building and Social Housing Foundation

Memorial Square

Coalville

Leicestershire

LE67 3TU

Telephone: +44 (0)1530 512452

www.bshf.org

www.worldhabitatawards.org

BSHF: Promoting innovative housing policy and practice

This email, and any files transmitted with it, is for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s). BSHF does not accept any legal responsibility for the content of this email or for the damage caused by any virus that may have been transmitted with it. Any other use, distribution, disclosure, copying or reproduction of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the materials from your computer. Thank you. The Building and Social Housing Foundation is a company limited by guarantee registered in England. Its company number is 1247918 and the registered office is at Memorial Square, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 3TU, United Kingdom.