pspp-users

Re: Length of wait for frequency calculation

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Length of wait for frequency calculation
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 23:42:25 +0100

Hi,

I am new to PSPP and have found the wait is fairly long for the descriptive statistics > frequencies function, as well as for saving files.

Can you give me an idea of how long the process should be taking (my file was approximately 25MB, 27,500 cases, 1,174 variables, and took approx. 15 mins plus to perform a frequency calc/save)? Is this a bug or a typical timeframe?

Many thanks

This sounds extreme slow. can you tell us which OS you use and exactly which PSPP version (look in the help box.)

Have fun