pspp-users

Re: Epidatamanager to PSPP issues

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Epidatamanager to PSPP issues
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:24:05 -0700

Thanks for all the files.

I see the problem that you mention, but it does not look to me like it
is a bug in PSPP.  I will explain.

The DATA LIST command in the .sps file includes this line:
  / V1 1-2 V2 3-62(A) V3 63-64 V4 65 .

This line means that variable V1 is found in columns 1 and 2, variable
V2 (A for alphanumeric) is found in columns 3 through 62, V3 in 63 and
64, and V4 in 65.

However, the data file is not formatted this way.  It looks like V1 is
in columns 1 and 2, but V2 is in columns 3 through 22 (not 3 through
62), V3 is in column 23, and I don't see V4 at all.

So to me this looks more like a bug in Epidatamanager than in PSPP.