pspp-users

Re: PSPP Question

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: PSPP Question
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 15:30:47 +0200

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 11:09:49AM -0500, Landon Denkler wrote:
     Hello GNU,

Hi! Pleased to meet you.

     I am an analyst at Gragg Advertising and a graduate student at the
     University of Missouri-Kansas City.  All of my work data is in Excel form,
     but I want to use PSPP to statistically analyze the results using the
     lessons I've garnered from my coursework.  However, every time I try to
     open an Excel document in PSPP it will only open it in the syntax window
     instead of the graphic interface data and variable windows.  I don't know
     how to use the syntax interface but would really like to use the graphic
     interface to analyze this data.

This question is answered in the FAQ.  See
https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/faq.html#Spreadsheet

Direct import from Excel is not currently possible.  You must first convert to
a standard format.
You say that you are migrating to GNU/Linux, so you will probably want to
convert all
your existing Excel files either to Gnumeric or to OpenDocument format anyway.

     Confidentiality Notice:
     The documents accompanying this transmission may contain information that
     is legally privileged or other information that is privileged,
     confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. This
     information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
     above. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from
     disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by
     law or regulation. If the reader of this message is not the intended
     addressee, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
     to the addressee, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
     distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
     you have received this communication in error, please notify us
     immediately by telephone and arrange for the deletion and destruction of
     these documents. Thank you.

This "notice" is both untrue, and discourteous.  When you subscribed to this
mailing
list, you were requested not send such notices.  Please observe this in future.

Thank you.

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3