pspp-users

Re: problems importing csv files

From: Benjamin Oppermann
Subject: Re: problems importing csv files
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 19:03:52 +0100

If you complete a survey that I designed for my thesis on this site:
http://studentenforschung.de/
the results are gathered by the site in the form of these csv files.
There is an alternative file that seems to be output to csv format in a
different manner - the two are labelled "abc" and "012", but I really
don't see much of a difference. I attached the alternative file with
"012"
I am horrified at the programming of these guys and recommend everyone
to do their surveys somewhere else.
>From that discussion, this must be where the problem is at: "At least
one survey website generates text files, intended for use with SPSS,
whose lines end in only CRs (not LF or CR+LF). PSPP does not understand
this format. SPSS's behavior is not well understood in this area. "
I'll try to reproduce what you did in Emacs, resp. the commands you
kindly provided.
Are they Emacs commands or terminal commands?
However I wonder why CR LF are not visible in my text editor (Kate from
KDE)...
Thanks, Ben