pspp-users

Re: PSPP file conversion service

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: PSPP file conversion service
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 21:36:19 -0800

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 02:31:16AM -0300, Erich Hill wrote:
> Unfortunately I am not an expert to explain the difference, but the
> files in the"sys" file format that I have are some very old files in
> MSDOS versions of SPSS.
>  On the website of IBM's described as SPSS/PC+ format and is supported
> by current versions.
> My intention was to preserve those old data files.

I'm familiar with the SPSS/PC+ product and I do know that it uses a
different file format.  I've been interested for a long time in figuring
out that file format, but I've never been able to obtain a big enough
collection of files to figure it out.  Do you have a collection of
SPSS/PC+ data files that you'd be willing to let me examine to learn the
file format?