pspp-users

Re: PSPP Plugins?

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: PSPP Plugins?
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 13:40:30 -0600

I don't know what the PSPP developers will say about this but I doubt that there are any plans.  AMOS is not free software, so I'm guessing there is little interest in developing an AMOS plugin for PSPP.  And recreating AMOS would be a significant project.  R has at least two packages for fitting SEM models (one written by Fox called sem and the newer one called, I think, lavaan), but using R is more like LISREL or CALIS.

BTW, for what it's worth, I've used SPSS for over 25 years and I've never had AMOS included.  So, SPSS does not "have" AMOS.

-Alan